What is Matcha?
Matcha vs Green Tea
These two terms have been used interchangeably in conversations, but they do not refer to the same item.
Matcha has a much higher amount of antioxidants (catechin) compared to green tea. Based on a research done, the concentrated catechin in matcha is 137 times more than the regular green tea from China and is at least 3 times more concentrated than the higher quality green tea.
Wow, that fact alone is putting those two on a different level playing field! The benefits we are constantly talking about contribute greatly to their concentrated levels of antioxidant.
Now, the question is…
Why do their antioxidants level vary so greatly when they both originate from the same plant?
Unlike green tea, matcha is made from shade-grown tea leaves. The absence of direct sunlight for 20-30 days before harvesting, increases the levels of chlorophyll. They are then hand picked, have their stems and veins removed, and finally stone grinded into matcha.
Benefits of Matcha:
3 Reasons Why You Should Have it Everyday
- Physical - Metabolism: this contributes to weight loss, improve daily body functions and physical enduranc
- Internal Functions - Fights diseases: Keeps you strong and healthy and diseases-free!
- Mental - Increase productivity and promotes relaxation: improved brain functions, focus, concentration and reduce stress and anxieties.
We know not everyone enjoys drinking hot matcha tea (although we must say, it is very very calming!), so we came up with a few suggestions on how you can enjoy the benefits of matcha whilst enjoying the flavours at the same time.
We’ve made sure these recipes are easy ones so they take no time at all to make! Like we’ve always said, incorporating healthy eating into your day to day should not be a hassle. We hope you’ll try out these easy recipes and enjoy eating healthy as much as we do!
Easy Matcha Recipes
Matcha Soft Serve Recipe
1. Add frozen bananas and matcha powder into food processor, blend till you reach a soft serve consistency.
2. Serve in a cone and enjoy!
Matcha Milkshake Recipe
1. Add all ingredients into blender.
2. Serve and enjoy!
Matcha Pancake Recipe
1. Blend rolled oats till it's powdered.
2. Mix oats, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Lightly beat eggs in another bowl, add nutmilk and stir.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Mix it well till there is no lumps.
6. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on medium heat pan, wait till bubbles are formed, then flip. Cook for another minute and move on to the next piece.
Note: For fluffier pancakes, fold in 1 beaten egg white (beaten till soft peak formed) into the final pancake batter.
Matcha Yoghurt Recipe
1. Mix yoghurt, honey and matcha in a bowl.
2. Add toppings & enjoy!
Where to buy Matcha in Thailand?
And, a special package this month: Matcha Nutmilk 6 Pack @ 1,500THB! Shop HERE
Lifestyle Juicery Team