Do we not all resort to eating out and ordering in after just thinking about the hassle, the hefty spending required and what we need to eat to stay healthy? After all, a budget friendly, yummy pizza delivery is just a call away isn’t it?
We get it! We understand the struggles but we also care too much for our body to let that keep sliding.. We are not going down that spiral again and say...
“oh well I’ll just start eating better tomorrow..”
So... we’ve set a plan. And it’s all about finding something that fits you and your lifestyle (hence, there’s ✌️ Secrets, not ☝️ ). Being healthy is not just about looking good, but feeling good as well. And we have a feeling that our 2 Big Secrets on How to Cook Healthy Food at Home for Busy Bees is going to help you achieve that.
Healthy Cooking Secret #1: Meal Prep
What is Meal Prep?
Why Meal Prep?
- Saves time (get your brekkies, lunches and dinner ready on the plate in 5 minutes or less)
- Portion Control (if you’re one of those people who tend to overeat…….)
- Less Stress/Guilt (the paradox of choice.. It is true, more is sometimes less, and less is more. With your meals ready and prepped, there’s less thinking and less anxiety choosing between your options)
- Eat healthier (If you leave your options for meals wide open, there are more chances of you ending up with a plate of KFC for dinner..)
- Helps with budgeting (by meal prepping and doing your groceries all in one day, you allow yourself a budget to work with, rather than forking out a sum for every meal. Besides, buying in bulk is always a money-saving tip)
How to Meal Prep?
Choose a day out of the week (usually it’s the weekend for regular working people) to do your groceries and meal prepping.
Select a few recipes you would like to make for the week. You can do more if they are easy recipes,
Tip: Start with less recipes if you’re new to meal prepping just so it’s not too overwhelming, You can start by meal prepping only for one meal a day instead of all 3 meals. (eg; only lunches) Pick a meal where you most likely to struggle to eat well.
Make a list - of ingredients and item needed.
Go shopping and get cooking!
Tip: Refrigerate meals that you’ll be eating over next few days, and freeze the rest to maintain freshness.
Meal Prep Ideas and Meal Prep Recipes
Meal Prep for Weight Loss
Meal Prep Recipes for Body Building
Meal Prep Recipes for Vegetarian
Healthy Cooking Secret #2: Batch Cooking
What is Batch Cooking?
Why Batch Cook?
- Flexibility and Variety (Meal prep may be restrictive for some because your meals are ready and there are limited options, but with batch cooking you get to enjoy a variety depending on how you assemble your dishes)
How to Batch Cook?
Carbohydrates: Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Quinoa, Beans, etc
Protein: Chicken, Fish, Beef, Chickpeas, Beans, Tofu, etc
Healthy Fat: Homemade Dressing, Avocado, Nuts & Seeds, etc
When you are ready to eat, just assemble your desired greens (have it raw, or cook them if you’d like), carbs, protein, and healthy fat for the day, heat it up (if needed) and there you go, your nourish bowl.
Batch Cooking Ideas and Batch Cooking Tips
Here are some batch cooking ideas and recipes for Nourish Bowls;
Lifestyle Juicery Team