We are going to break down the recipes a little differently. Instead of listing them down like how normal recipes do, we are doing it “Q&A” style.. This way, we are able to share more about the ingredients we’ve used to replace the original ones.
So, first let’s have a look at…
Pad Thai 🍜
It is a simple noodle dish and yet has amazing spicy-sweet-savoury flavours. Not many dishes we know nail that combination of flavours, but pad thai definitely did it. We want to give you those same flavours and keeping it nutritious at the same time.
What's in a Pad Thai?
🍝 Noodle (check out the type of noodle we love and recommend!)
🌿 Veggies (throw in any of your favourite veggies, it doesn’t always have to be bean sprouts)
🍶 Sauce (recipe below)
What is our Pad Thai sauce made of?
1 Tbsp Tamari (contain little to no wheat, compared to normal soy sauce. You can also find gluten-free tamaris in organic stores)
½ Tbsp Fish Sauce (Read ingredient list. Avoid sugar and added additives. Ours has 3 ingredients: fish extract, water and salt)
1 Tsp Lime Juice
Sprinkle of Chilli Flakes (adjust according to your preference)
½ to 1 Tbsp of raw honey (adjust according to your preference) - add this in the final step
Garnish: Ground roasted peanuts
What kind of noodles do we use for Pad Thai?
Whole grain noodles such as brown rice pasta or noodles are recommended if you can get ahold of them. If possible, avoid processed bleached flour/white flour. Find out why here.
Pad Thai Recipe
- Cook noodle according to directions on packet.
- While that is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add all ingredients into a bowl except for raw honey.
- Heat up frying pan with a clove of garlic and a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add cooked noodle to the pan along and crack an egg into it. Stir quickly and mix well.
- Add the sauce and fry for a minute before adding in the vegetables.
- Fry till vegetables are cooked.
- Turn off the heat, add honey and mix well.
- Garnish with sprinkles of crushed roasted peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
110 grams brown rice pasta | 1 Egg | 1 Green Bell Pepper (julienned) | 1 Tbsp Tamari | ½ Tbsp Fish Sauce | 1 Tsp Lime Juice | Sprinkle of Chilli Flakes | ½ Tbsp Raw Honey | 1 Tbsp of crushed roasted peanuts
Now, let’s complete our meal with a dessert.
Mango Sticky Rice
What’s in our Mango Sticky Rice?
Black Glutinous Rice (a great substitute for white short grain rice. Check out its health benefits)
Raw Honey (substitute for the usual refined sugar)
- Wash and rinse black glutinous rice.
- Add rice into saucepan with water.
- Bring it to boil, and let it simmer till rice is soft. Add more water if needed.
- Add coconut milk and salt.
- Continue to cook till it has a sticky texture.
- Serve with honey drizzled on rice, and enjoy with slices of mangoes.
Ingredients: 1 Mango (sliced) | 1 Cup Black Glutinous Rice | 1 Cup Coconut Milk | 4 Cup Water | ½ Tsp Salt | Drizzles of Raw Honey (to taste)
Lots of love,
Lifestyle Juicery Team