- Soak almonds in water and a pinch of salt overnight in your fridge to activate (activated nuts enhances its digestibility and increases the nutrient value)
- Rinse almonds
- Add almonds and 500ml filtered water into blender, blend well.
- Strain almond milk through a sieve/muslin cloth
- Store in a jar, and refrigerate (can keep for 4-5days)
Try it and let us know how you like it! If you would like to mix it up, you can substitute almonds with any other nuts of your choice. Our other favourite nutmilk is a combination of cashew, almonds and pecans! Yums..
Nutmilk is one of our favourites because it’s just so versatile! It is not just a drink, you can make hundreds of recipes with it. Check out our guilt-free chocolate milkshake recipe!
Uses of almond milk (nutmilks)
- Chia Seed Puddings
- Overnight Oats
- Salad dressings
- Home-made bread
- Ice Cream, and a whole lot more.
Lifestyle Juicery Team