Benefits of Turmeric👇
Those two properties are the big guys, because they help to prevent diseases. With cancer, diabetes and heart conditions being such a common disease (among even the younger generation), it’s no big surprise that health professionals are picking up on anti-inflammatory ingredients such as turmeric.
The amazing health benefits of turmeric blows our mind away, check them out below;
Lowers risk of heart disease
Treat symptoms of Arthritis
Anti-depressant (studies shown that it’s as effective as prozac)
Protect against liver damage
Turmeric is our natural healer and our weapon for disease-fighting.
The only issue with turmeric is….
Its poor bioavailability; which is contributed by poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid systemic elimination, based on a study.
There’s a silver lining though…
You can increase bioavailability of curcumin in our body by:
👉 using piperine, which is in black pepper. It helps to boost absorption of curcumin in blood stream by 2000%.
👉 eating it with fat. This helps curcumin to be directly absorbed into bloodstream.
5 Easy Turmeric Drink Recipes
Turmeric Drink Recipe #1: The Turmeric Milkshake
1 tsp Turmeric Powder | 250ml Lifestyle Juicery's Nutmilk | 1 Frozen Banana | 1 Medjool Date | Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
- Add all ingredients into a blender, process till it’s smooth
- Serve & enjoy!
Turmeric Drink Recipe #2: The Turmeric Shot
1 Thumbsize Turmeric | 1 Thumbsize Ginger | ½ Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice | 3 Tbsp of Filtered Water | 1/2 tsp of raw honey | Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Add turmeric, ginger, lemon and water in a blender. Process it till it’s smooth.
- Strain and add raw honey and cayenne pepper.
- Pour into a small jar, shake it and drink it as a shot!
P.s. This is a great remedy to nurse a cold
Turmeric Drink Recipe #3: The Golden Milk
1 Cup Lifestyle Juicery's Nutmilk | 1 Tsp Turmeric | Drizzle of Honey | Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- Heat up nutmilk in a saucepan till it’s boiling. Add turmeric and stir till it’s diluted into the milk.
- Pour into a mug, and add honey and black pepper.
- Stir well and enjoy!
Turmeric Drink Recipe #4: The Turmeric Hot Tea
5 Slices of Ginger and Turmeric | 2 Cups of Water | 10 Mint Leaves | Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Add ginger, turmeric and water into a sauce pan. Heat it up till boiling point.
- Take pan off the heat and add mint leaves and cayenne pepper. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve!
Turmeric Drink Recipe #5: The Turmeric Tonic
1 Thumbsize Turmeric | 1 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon | 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar | 500ml Water | Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Blend turmeric with 2 tbsp of water and strain.
- Pour that into a glass and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and serve with ice!